Robotics Design (Jun 15-19)$499
About this course
Campers will learn how to build robots. The curriculum will provide to improve their design thinking, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
We are teaching VEX Robotics Curriculum which has been created by Carnie Mellon Robotics Academy to teach STEM. We are specifically using Virtual Robotics plus project-based VEX IQ hardware which is the VEX IQ Robotics starter kit for elementary students during our project time.
Hours: 9:00 pm - 3:00 pm (Late pick-up purchase is available)
Location: Nixon Elementary School, Palo Alto, CA
Materials: All materials provided including robots and PC.
Ages: 8-11 years of old.
8:50-9am - Greeting
9-9:30 am - Team Building/Leadership Activities
9:40-10:50 am - Course Time
10:50-11:00 am - Snack Time
11:00-12:10 pm - Course Time
12:10-1:30 pm - Lunch / Outdoor Play
1:30-2:15 pm - Arts&Crafts Time
2:30-3:00 pm - Fun with Math/CS
For extended Care (Require Separate Registration)
3:00-4:15 pm - Snack Time/Outdoor Play
4:15-5 pm - Math/CS Board Game Time
5-5:30 pm - Pick Up
Here are some highlights of the robotics programs:
- Design skills: Using creative VEX robotics kits, students will improve their design thinking.
- Return campers will dive deep into more creative VEX robotics design.
- Skill Building: We teach STEM, leadership, collaboration, innovation, creativity and problem-solving.
- Transitions to competition level robotics: As students progress with follow up courses, they may join and participate in nationwide competitions.
- Students will be able to build a college portfolio as they earn badges through VEX curriculum that continues through high school.
Projects in the summer camp:
Students will learn how robots work. Students will learn to build virtual and physical robots. Students will perform simple projects where they will perform multiple independent tasks involving controlling sensors (color sensor, touch LED sensor, gyro sensor, distance sensor, bumper switch and motor encoders). Students will become confident and competent in robotic after completing the robotics series.